- To establish a local waste management model for the Mediterranean region.
- To develop a more efficient and cost-effective waste management for solid waste collection, treatment and disposal in small cities and less populated areas.
- To improve territorial multilevel governance system on waste management, involving public and private institutions.
- To incorporate good practices into the waste management system.
- To improve awareness of clean environment and healthy security.
- To contribute to the implementation of Community policy and legislation on waste.
- Identification of good practices.
- Launch of new recycling methods through pilot actions.
- Raise of awareness (knowledge, methods, participation process, local pilot actions and innovative technology for and environmentally friendly solid waste management). A consumer’s handbook will be issued.
- Encourage decision-makers to reform non-sustainable waste management practices.
In collaboration with Dirty Works